Trust is the goal. Curation is the method. The TrustCuration concept is simple. Build, engage and help communities to cultivate authenticity, authority and ultimately trust. This is done by providing a great and useful service built upon the art of curation: pulling together, organizing and presenting a unique picture of the news that is important to the community in the easiest, most useful and elegant formats possible.
The best way to deal with today's information overload is curation. Curation is becoming a hot topic on the web and in the world all for good reason. There is a need for people to lead the way in harnessing and shaping the over-whelming amount of news and information we are producing at an increasing rate, all because content is king, and we are a creative species. Indeed there is a content arms race going on. More content is being produced everyday by everyone from individuals to organizations. Curation by nature seeks to improve the delivery and consumption of news and information by creating a trusted source. It is nothing new. Humans have been curating for ages probably almost as long as we have been creating.
Simply put because it works. This system is built on over 8 years of curating experiences. It has been refined during this time to create a system of curation based on respect and legal fair-use practices. This is very important as there are already a lot of people practicing various forms of curation on the web. However, much of the curation practiced on the web is either haphazard, ill-conceived, illegal (think: copyright infringement), or disrespectful. TrustCuration is based on respect, relevancy, organization, engagement, prioritization, presentation, re-purposing and of course the vital human touch for we are still the ultimate technology.
What is TrustCuration?
- Respect - of owner's right to there creation
- Handpicked Content - to deliver Relevant, Engaging and Comprehensive news/info
- Flexible Organization - Categories and Tags
- Prioritization - Essentials on down
- Collection Presentation Layers - Website, Newsletters, Social Media
- Content Archive - Date, Category, Tag, Combinations
- Honest Personal Touch
- Re-purposing - ability to take curated stream of news/info and create something new - think collages, useful summaries, easy to scan reports, research briefs and much more.